Learning that comes to life in the classroom and online
Hugely popular in the 80s and early 90s, training videos fell out of favour when they started to feel a little “dated” (corduroy slacks and strategically-placed office plants anyone?)
These days, videos are enjoying a renaissance. Valued for their ability to evoke an emotional response in learners, videos work well in both the classroom and eLearning environments. Often they’re used as part of a blended learning program as a learning “nugget”, touching on a specific message or key theme.
Training videos work well in the following situations:
- Where a consistent message needs to be delivered to a large number of people and/or across an extended period of time;
- Where a consistent message needs to be delivered across an extended period of time;
- As a supporting demonstration resource for inexperienced facilitators;
- To demonstrate processes (e.g. machinery operation) when access to the real thing is not available;
- Where learners are geographically dispersed or where some learners are isolated and have limited access to face-to-face training; and
- To take the learner to places they can’t go, for example multiple locations in a short period of time, foreign locations, restricted areas and even animated virtual worlds.
We’ve partnered with one of Sydney’s leading video production houses to deliver fresh and engaging training videos, employing professional actors and narrators, and devising scripts that hit key learning outcomes.
We’ve also used low budget training videos when the content needs to be regularly refreshed or other circumstances dictate the need for a low cost alternative.
We offer video packages to suit every budget and closed captioning is available to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
To read more about our award-winning video comic strip module, click here.
“I have just watched the videos and they are great…really slick and professional”
ELISABETH LONG – SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER, ALLIED HEALTH EDUCATION & TRAINING, HETI
Get in touch
Itching to make a start on your next learning project? Or maybe you’d just like to ask us a question? We’re always excited to hear from someone new and we’re full of helpful advice. We promise to get back to you within two business days (or sooner if you’re in a hurry).PO Box 4401, East Gosford NSW 2250
M: 0430 289 077
ABN: 26 003 870 424
Endeavour Training & Development Pty Ltd is prequalified for the NSW Government Prequalification Scheme for Performance and Management Services [SCM005] and for ICT Services – L01. Learning Services [SCM0020]